Saturday, October 5, 2013

DAY 11 Summary

didn't sleep very well....Motel 6 is cheap but only 1 of 3 on this trip was not a dump....still tired from yesterdays effort too....very foggy this morning so I started later then I wanted but visability was bad....however once the fog lifted it was another picture perfect day....even on the warm side....

road went up from the start...a rude wake up call to dead legs....struggled with any verticle road all day....when I got to the base of Mt Mitchell it wasn't going to happen....later then I wanted and physically it made no sense....the total cliimbing for yesterday and today was ~14,000ft....as it got later in the day the traffic was horrible....and on a road with zero shoulder there were some close passes....the Boone / Blowing Rock area is very popular....it was a short day for me and much needed....hoping to recover for tomrrow....

I have a new friend...sciatica nerve twing in my right butt cheek....man I am a mess....

DAY 11 miles 93. Total miles 1452

No comments:

Post a Comment