Sunday, September 29, 2013

DAY 5 Summary

with a relatively long day ahead and a forecast of rain I was out the door at 5:30am....breakfast at waffle house on the way out of Ridgeland....by the time I got on the Trace daylight was beginning....

my timing was good to catch the sunrise at Ross Burnet....it was the only view of the sun for the day....but it never really rained either, just kept spitting on me all day....and temps never made past the mid 70's....good thing I had my sunscreen...

I just plowed through the day....stopped for water twice and then after 105 miles finally for a sit down Subway....the cooler temps felt good after 4 days of getting charred....

the Trace road surface turned into a washboard for around 30 miles....right in the area of the tornado damage....so it's not perfect....very close though....so little traffic....there is a 3ft passing rule for cars too....230 miles down of 444....

DAY 5 miles 137  Total miles 702

1 comment: