Friday, September 27, 2013

DAY 2 Summary

wow... another perfect day of weather....clear blue sky, low winds....cool enough in the morning so needed a jacket and arm warmers....it did get to above 90 by mid day and the wind picked up too....had a great breakfast in Lufkin, which was my first really good sit down food because you can't count McDonalds pancakes or Subway as sit down....food maybe....the section from Lufkin to Milam the scenary was spectacular....three national forests, Crockett, Angelina and Sabine....but as beautiful as it was it was difficult....continual rollers that were relentless and my guess would be 10-12% grade....they were short but sometimes like riding into a wall....tough to get any rhythm going....and it took its toll on me....

when I arrived in Many, LA my (125 miles) my legs were gone....there wasn't a part of my body that wasn't participating in a rotating carousel of discomfort....sitting on the concrete outside a quick market there were doubts about being able to continue....I wasn't sure if I could stand up....if it had been a UFC fight the referee would have stopped the contest by TKO....so I don't mean to go all philosofical on you but I ran right into my "percieved limitaion"....we all have them in so many aspects of our lives....relationships, kids, job, the dog....stuff where you just don't think you can take anymore....the point of this is I suppose a part of this ride for me is testing that....after all, why on earth ride this many miles in two days....simple answers are I'm dumb, an idiot, self abusive etc....that's all probably true too but either way I am in new territory....

DAY 2 miles 153 Total 324 miles

3 comments:

  1. Hope today is a better day. Hang in there, we are all pulling for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are in the land of great food. Be sure to sit down and enjoy an authentic Cajun feast. Will be keeping up with you on a daily basis. Best of luck and don't take chances!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Percieved Limitation" Sure we all have them but do you know how many people never even get within a flight of stairs of thiers?

    ReplyDelete