Thursday, September 26, 2013

DAY 1 summary

a perfect cool clear cloudless day but was vey hot....had to be close to 100....it was getting to me from mile 80 to 130....by then the sun was lower and behind me as I made the turn east on hwy 7....

it was a tour of small town TX....ranches, farms....pretty flat except for a section of big rollers miles 120 - 150 where I had to use the small chain ring....

must admit I was pretty trashed by the end of the day....plus I had to ride to get food as there was. nothing to walk to....

DAY 1 171 miles

........__0
........\< ,
.....( )/ ( )

1 comment:

  1. Hey Al, Bobby passed your blog link on to me so I'll be tagging along from my office chair. :) Looks like you're out to a great start. I enjoyed reading about the prep work you did and I'm a packing list and packing freak. Thanks for all that information. Safe travels, Dave Dupuis

    ReplyDelete